Major Drilling Group International Inc. (“the Company”) is one of the world’s largest drilling services companies primarily serving the mining industry. Established in 1980, Major Drilling has over 1,000 years of combined experience and expertise within its management team alone.
Major Drilling maintains field operations and offices in Canada, the United States, Mexico, South America, Asia, Africa and Europe. Major Drilling provides a complete suite of drilling services including surface and underground coring, directional, reverse circulation, sonic, geotechnical, environmental, water-well, coal-bed methane, shallow gas, underground percussive/longhole drilling, surface drill and blast, and a variety of mine services.
Over the years, the Company has positioned itself as one of the largest specialized drilling operators in the world by leveraging its main competitive advantages: skilled personnel, specialized equipment, robust safety systems, long-standing relationships with the world’s largest mining companies and access to capital. This positioning is strengthened by the Company’s senior management having experienced several economic and mining industry cycles.
Our corporate strategy remains to:
- be the world leader in specialized drilling;
- diversify our services within the drilling field;
- maintain a strong balance sheet;
- be the best in class in safety and human resources;
- modernize our fleet with innovation and expand our footprint in strategic areas; and
- ensure that ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) commitments are embedded in our culture and core business practices.
Major Drilling’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol MDI.